Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can really make a difference?
We have an exciting opportunity to shape and lead our new project management function. We are looking for an experienced individual who will be responsible for delivering our extensive project management workbook, including projects to deliver the Board’s strategic agenda.
Projects will relate to IT systems, efficiency and quality improvement and a range of operations activities. We are a leading training provider to the oil and gas industry, however technical engineering or sector specific knowledge is not a requirement for this role.
We are looking for an experienced project manager confident to deliver a concurrent and diverse portfolio of projects.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Leading the implementation of Board projects and initiatives to implement the organisation’s project strategy
- Defining and implementing project management standards, processes and procedures ensuring they are followed across the organisation
- Actively project managing approved projects delivering to time and budget
- Managing and coaching the Project Supervisor, developing their project management skills
- Introducing project reporting protocols to track progress across multiple platforms and ensure delivery within time and budget
- Designing and implementing processes for UAT, ensuring all issues are managed, tracked and resolved
- Creating a suite of project communications for all levels within the organisation including the Board
- Maintaining the project workbook, ensuring all projects are recorded and maintained
- Identifying, appointing and managing external project consultants in line with procurement processes
- Introducing formal project management approaches such as Six Sigma, Agile or Prince and design and deliver training as required
- Managing budget planning for the year ahead
- Overseeing project data analysis including extracting data from Report Designer as required
- Designing and delivering project management training as required.
You will be an experienced project manager ideally with a professional project qualification such as Agile, Prince2, Lean, Six Sigma or similar. You will have proven experience of delivering end to end projects to time and budget. You will have proven leadership skills and have experience of coaching and mentoring others in good project management practices, developing project processes, documentation and systems and designing and delivering training. You will ideally have experience of undertaking project analysis and designing and delivering reports to demonstrate project status and performance.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, have exceptional interpersonal skills and a proven track record in people, stakeholder and relationship management. Experience of managing third party contractors would be beneficial. You will be a team player, able to work to high standards and on your own initiative. Experience of project budgeting would also be an advantage.
Whilst we are a leading provider of Industry leading training to the Oil and Gas industry you may have worked in any industry or sector.
You will be located within a reasonable commuting distance of our office in Montrose and be willing to travel if required.
If you are looking for a new challenge and to make a difference we look forward to receiving your application.
How to apply:
We ask that you submit a cover letter explaining why you are interested in IWCF and this role, along with your CV to email@example.com by Friday 2nd August 2019.