This programme is for people who are in critical well control positions during well intervention operations. Candidates will complete an accredited training course, taught according to IWCF syllabus, to prepare for their assessment.
IWCF follow IOGP recommendations as to what course levels candidates should sit. Download a copy of the latest IOGP 476 Levels Guidance Chart here.
Different levels of training are available and are valid for the following lengths of time:
- Level 2 training – If passed, the certificate is valid for 5 years.
- Level 3 and 4 training – If passed, the certificate is valid for 2 years.
The learning element of a Level 2 course can be completed online, however the assessment must be completed at an accredited training centre. For Level 3 and 4 courses, both the learning and assessment elements must be completed at an accredited training centre.
Our Well Intervention Pressure Control (WIPC) Subsea module was created to enhance the existing WIPC syllabus. Although this module is primarily aimed at Level 4 candidates, it is also available for Level 3 candidates who have experience of Subsea well intervention operations. Click here for more information on the Subsea module.
Three different levels of Well Intervention Pressure Control training are available for different roles within the industry:
- Level 2 – Drilling and Wells Personnel Basic Training
- Level 3 – Available for any role expected to shut in a well (equivalent to previous Level 1)
- Level 4 – Well Site Supervisor Training (equivalent to previous Level 2)
The standard of certification in this programme is based on the pressure control knowledge required to work as service equipment operators and supervisory personnel. These standards have been created so that candidate’s knowledge can be assessed systematically.
The following certification options are available and are made up of compulsory and optional components:
- Completion Operations (compulsory)
- Completion Equipment (compulsory)
- Coiled Tubing Operations (optional)
- Wireline Operations (optional)
- Snubbing Operations (optional)
- Subsea (optional or standalone)
Candidates must attempt both compulsory components and one or more optional components in a combined certification programme. To achieve a combined certificate, candidates must pass all components they have been nominated for.
- Coiled tubing
Principles and Procedures:
- Barrier principles
- Well information
- Shut-in procedures
- Pressure control methods
- Pressure control management.
Download the Well Intervention level 2 syllabus (v9.0 – October 2021) here.
Download the Well Intervention level 3 and 4 syllabus (v10.0 – October 2021) here.