IWCF have created the Well Intervention Pressure Control (WIPC) Subsea module to enhance the existing WIPC syllabus. Although this module is primarily aimed at Level 4 candidates, it is also available for Level 3 candidates who have experience of subsea well intervention operations.
The Subsea Well Intervention syllabus will:
- Meet the International Association of Oil and Gas Producers (IOGP) recommendations for enhancements to well control training, examination and certification as highlighted in Report 476, issued August 2016
- Allow IWCF to continuously deliver the highest standards of well control training and assessment.
The Subsea module must be delivered in a minimum of 8 hours and as part of the existing WIPC programme.
Candidates choosing to take the Subsea module as part of the full current WIPC programme (2 compulsory and 3 optional modules), will be required to have 36 hours of instructor-led training.
Candidates choosing to take the Subsea module must take the Wireline and Coiled Tubing modules.
Who should take the WIPC Subsea module?
We recommend personnel in the following positions should take the Subsea module:
- Level 3 : Experienced Single Intervention Discipline Subsea Operator
- Level 4 : Single Intervention Discipline Subsea Supervisor/Engineer
- Level 4 : Subsea Well Services Supervisor/Well Site Leader
- Level 4 : Subsea Completion Supervisor/Service Leader.
Click here to download the full syllabus and for more information.