As our annual workshop fast approaches we are pleased to announce that the agenda for the event has been released.
There will be 6 sessions in total, these will include:
1) Opening of Workshop – IWCF’s CEO Antony Quin will give an overview of the workshop activities and the importance of collaborating with our members and the industry to deliver our mission.
2) Human Factors – We will explore human factors and ask “With the increase in simulation training, how do we train our simulator instructors to make the most of immersive simulation?”
Speaker: Robin Adlam
3) Enhanced Well Control – This session will focus on the impact Enhanced Well Control training has on crew and demonstrate how this recently helped avert disaster.
Speakers: David Gouldin and Kim Laursen
4) IOGP Wells Expert Committee Update – This session wil investigate how the industry can collaborate to successfully integrate IOGP Report recommendations within well control training.
Speaker: Olav Skar
5) Well Intervention Pressure Control – This session will discuss the recent update to our syllabi and display statistics which demonstrate that pressure control continues to account for a large number of well control incidents.
Speakers: George Galloway and Bob Baister
6) Assessor and Instructor Competency – Here we will look at ways we can address the challenges of proving competency with accredited instructors, and assessors and look at ways to monitor this.
Speakers: Malcolm Lodge and Vitaly Baranov
After listening to presentations from our expert speakers, the workshop sessions will provide opportunity to interact and participate in discussions.