We are looking for Technical Consultants to support the development of the technical content of IWCF’s core programmes, syllabi and assessments. Applicants must have more than 15 years operational industry experience in either drilling or well control, have at least a BSc or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject and have achieved an IWCF Level 4 qualification.
Business Division: IWCF Operations LTD
Location: Montrose, United Kingdom
Line Manager: CEO
Line Management Responsibility for: N/A
Role Summary: Technical Consultant
Reporting to the IWCF CEO, this role is part of a team of technical specialists who will support the administration to deliver the technical aspects of IWCF’s operational and strategic goals.
The role of the Technical Consultant is to review, improve and monitor the technical content of IWCF’s core programmes, syllabi and assessments and to develop new programmes and projects as directed by the IWCF Board.
This role is considered to be important in influencing and supporting initiatives to enable continuous improvement in technical training standards through such areas as enhancements to accreditation, examination and certification standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively promote IWCF ethical and integrity standards
- Review IWCF Question Bank, drafting new or revised questions as required
- Undertake audits of the IWCF Question Bank as requested, utilising and complying with the IWCF audit process
- Provide technical guidance and support to respond to candidate feedback
- Actively support continuous improvement of technical documentation
- Support continuous improvements/developments of practical assessments to deliver Board approved projects
- Support technical projects as required/directed
- Create technical frameworks associated with programme development
- Provide technical support to improve our Audit and Accreditation programmes
- Chair technical topic discussions within IWCF Taskforces
- Act as a technical authority to the CEO/Administration and provide general technical advise and guidance as requested
This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop due to changes in organisational and other circumstances, so the actual duties and responsibilities will vary from the particulars of this job description.
How to Apply
Click here to download the full role profile including person specification which details the experience, skills/personal requirements, behaviours and knowledge requirements for the role. For an application form or if you have any questions, please contact HR@IWCF.org.