IWCF are pleased to release the updated Well Intervention Pressure Control syllabi.
We have created this revised syllabus using guidance from a variety of sources, including our stakeholders, candidates, and Well Intervention Pressure Control Taskforce.
Together with the enhancements listed below, this revised syllabus aims to meet the principles outlined in IOGP Report 476 Recommendations for enhancements to well control training, examination and certification (August 2016) as a minimum.
The main enhancements contained within this revision provide:
- An improved structure that avoids duplication of topics in different syllabus components
- In-depth learning outcomes to cover previously identified gaps in candidate knowledge
- Defined progression between the levels, which ensures learning outcomes are now role-specific
- An increased emphasis on well integrity assurance during the well life cycle with reference to ISO 16530-1:2017 Petroleum and natural gas industries — Well integrity — Part 1: Life cycle governance
- An improved focus on the common principles of Pressure Control Equipment (PCE), which is now consolidated within the Completion Operations component.
All primary centres that deliver Well Intervention Pressure Control training courses must resubmit updated course materials to reflect the changes to the syllabi, and all training centres must teach the new syllabi from 1st April 2019.
The Programme Accreditation Application and Cross Reference Forms must be completed and returned with the course materials. These are available to download from the Members Login Area.
You can view the new syllabi on the website here. If you have any questions, please contact us.