PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
This website, www.iwcf.org (and also www.iwcf-forum.org) (the "Site") is provided by the International Well Control Forum, a foundation established in the Netherlands with registration number 41157732 whose registered office is a The Hague and with a place of business at Inchbroach House, South Quay, Montrose, Angus, DD10 9UA ("we" or "us").
By using this Site you consent to the collection, storage, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect information about you:
• if you register an account with us or otherwise provide us with your personal details (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address, passport details etc. during the course enrolment process); and
• from your usage of the Site and any other information you post on the Site, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information:
• to enable us to supply you with the services (such as course content and materials) and information which you have requested;
• to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the services we offer;
• to contact you in order to send you details of related information which may be of interest to you;
• to provide you with access to certain parts of our Site;
• for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business; and
• to contact you for your views on our products and services.
Specific information collected about you may be subject to other uses which will be communicated to you separately, such as via the completion of the Candidate Information Form.
We may contact you by post, telephone or fax, SMS, as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential. However, we may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in the policy (such as affiliated training centres) or for purposes approved by you.
In addition, if we enter into a joint venture with or sold to or merged with another entity, your information may be disclosed to our new partners or owners.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
A “cookie” is a small text file that attaches to the hard drive of your computer and remembers information about the configuration of your computer.
We use this information to track your movements through our Site, to find out how it is being used and to assess its usefulness. Personal information about you is not collected during the tracking process.
You can disable the cookies that we attach if your browser supports this. For further information on how to do this, please refer to www.allaboutcookies.org. However, you should bear in mind that if you exercise this option, you may be unable to use some of our on-line services.
Some third party services on our website may also set cookies if you specifically allow this.
Cookies collect anonymous information about how visitors use our site, which is then used to help improve the site. The information collected includes the number of site visitors, where visitors come to the site from and the pages they visited.
USE OF THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your e-mail address and other contact details.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our Site.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records in return for which we may charge a small fee. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information. Your response will be handled in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of the information then please contact us using the “Contact Us” tab on the Site.