Introduction of Online Assessments
We recently piloted online assessments at the end of 2016 and have now began rolling these out to all globally accredited centres who have applied to hold online assessments at their centre.
Currently online assessments are available in English only for both Drilling and Well Intervention programmes. Additional languages will be rolled out throughout 2017.
Online assessments are linked with FORUM and will offered enhanced security features to candidates sitting online assessments, as well as the centres providing them.
What does this mean for you?
Accredited centres who adopt online assessements will:
- experience increased flexibility
- save money as online assessments will involve no courier costs
- be more environmentally friendly, with less paper used and a reduced carbon footprint
- have their entry on the Locations Map on the IWCF website updated to advertise online capabilities to candidates
- offer instant monitoring of IWCF data and provide detailed real time reports
Next Steps for Centres:
Online Accreditation Requirements for holding online assessments within your centre were distributed to all centres in November 2016. If you have any questions please contact your Account Coordinator directly.
Candidates will see a range of benefits when sitting online assessments including:
- Instant results at the end of the assessment
- Instant resits
- No waiting time for Invigilator marking or check marking at IWCF
- Certificates will be issued within much quicker timeframes
Next Steps for Candidates:
We will be updating all FORUM records and the Locations Map in the coming months with all centres who become accredited to hold online assessments. Please keep checking back as these centres will update regularly!
If you have any questions about online assessments please let us know.